Job Posted Date: July 24, 2019
As Cognos Senior Developer is essentially one who researches, analyzes and designs Cognos Frame Work Manager Packages by connecting databases i.e., creating data source connection and extracting the metadata and therefore create the relationships among the tables based on the business requirements and set the security for the packages and create packages of different business categories based on the business demand & requirements. At last Publish the packages. To do so below is the experience needed
- Work directly with business users and analysts in comprehending business requirements and modeling appropriate Business Analytics to meet requirements
- Designing & developing reports/dashboards using Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Workspace, etc.
- Write complex relational Oracle queries
- Creating, enhancing and maintaining metadata Framework Manager Models (Relational and Dimensional) to support business requirements
- Working closely with Data Modeling team to provide input/feedback to the Logical and Physical data model creation
- Assist team in analyzing the report/model performance issues and should provide solutions
- Contribute to and ensure that the team delivers towards key milestones to support our overall GSS team objectives
- Suggest potential adoption of innovative technologies that enable rapid delivery
- Generate innovative ideas to deliver business value, improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Provide best practices are utilized in delivering Reporting/Analytics Solutions
- Provide overall technical direction and help to ensure quality delivery
- Cultivate an open, honest and transparent environment that encourages proper collaboration between business & Technology teams
- Partner with Business, Tech Peers and Product teams to effectively communicate BI & Analytic vision
- Cognos (Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Workspace)
- Data Warehousing
- Strong experience in requirements intake, analysis, design, modeling, development, quality assurance and support
- Expert in design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs (e.g., Expert Engineers) starting to be firm-wide resources working on projects across the company
- Is multi-skilled with expertise across software development lifecycle and toolset
- May be recognized as a leader in Agile and cultivating teams working in Agile frameworks
- Sought out as coach for at least one technical skill
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Applications, any other related field.
Location: Doral, Florida.
Send Resume to: HR Dept., Protocol Infotech Inc., 1435 NW 82nd Ave Doral, FL 33126.
All employees of Protocol Infotech, Inc. are automatically enrolled in the employee referral program of the company. Referral fee of $1,000 will be paid if referred candidate is hired by the company.
|No. of position||Multiple|
|Job Role||Cognos Senior Developer|